Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Apologize, Waling-Waling by Peter Solis Nery

I Apologize, Waling-Waling
Peter Solis Nery

i am coming back
for you, waling-waling
listen to me for a moment
and try to understand

however clumsy my explanation
spread out our velvet petals
and let my story gently open
your clenched moist anger

betray you i did not
i was faithful to my promise
i kept the secrecy of your place
my intentions were pure
i only wished...

oh, that the world would
love you and protect you
i trusted that they would protect
your beauty and your peace
but their greed defeated me

and who would ever imagine
that three pictures
would lead the wild throng to you.
i did not betray you, waling-waling
i pleaded on your behalf
but the loggers’ chainsaws were deaf

i never intended greed
i never aimed selfishness
all i ever wanted was a happy forest
and your safety
from the madness of greed

forgive me, waling-waling
for the hastened fall of the forest
it was the luster of money
that my deal partners saw
i tried to stop them

but there were too many of them
and they tied me down
i cry for the orphans of the forest
because believe me
my intentions were pure

2 comments:

  1. thank you for including my poem in this blog. i cringe a little bit now as i read this very early poem of mine. it's very raw.
    i am very curious why this particular poem was chosen from among my other literary works? please check my website...
    http://petersolisnery.com/
    once again, thank you. you are much appreciated.
    peter solis nery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am a student wanting to know why is your text in lowercase? Just curious.

      PTJ//KP//FranB

      Delete